Re: KNC1 DVB-S CI?

e9hack wrote:
> P. van Gaans wrote:
>
>> Some more news. I'm now looking at dvb_ca_en50221.c and I'm pretty sure
>> the solution is in here and not in budget-av.c. Somewhere around line
>> 270 is a thing that loops in a while and breaks after timeout. I removed
>> the break (so it keeps looping). Now I see the following when I insert a
>> CAM:
>>
>> [   71.764000] budget-av: cam inserted A
>> [   82.144000] dvb_ca adaptor 0: PC card did not respond :(
>>
>> So at least there's no more infinite loop with ejected-inserted-ejected
>> and so on. But it doesn't work either. It reaches
>> DVB_CA_SLOTSTATE_WAITREADY and times out there. From there it should
>> automatically change state, but it doesn't. Now I'm getting a little
>> stuck, because I don't really know what it's doing and what piece really
>> gets stuck.
>>
>> I also removed the timeout from slotstate_waitready, now I don't get
>> errors anymore, but it (of course) doesn't work. And I broke the ability
>> to eject the CAM, I'm guessing it's stuck in a loop after I ejected and
>> re-inserted the CAM.
>>

> It seems, there is a little bug within the debi functions. If a debi error occurs, SPCI_DEBI_S is not reset within PSR.
> In this case, saa7146_wait_for_debi_done returns always ETIMEDOUT. Ttpci_budget_debiread/write doesn't upload a debi
> command anymore. For testing, you can remove the first 'return result;' statement in both functions.
>
> - Hartmut

I just booted my computer into Windows so I could at least watch TV
tonight. Guess not, the Windows software responds like there is no CAM
inserted at all.

Please don't tell me I completely killed the card just by removing some
timeouts! I didn't know my hardware could be at risk :( . I wonder if
it's really dead :( .