MPL-licensed V4L kernel modules (em2880)

Hi,

I notice that Marcus Rechberger's externally-distributed V4L and DVB
drivers appear to have been relicensed under the MPL. There is a
notice on the list of repositories at http://mcentral.de/hg/ stating
that "all these projects are licensed under MPL" (note that the
repositories are copies of the official V4L repository with additional
code added, and as such most of the code is not mrec's to relicense).
In addition, the wiki page for the em2880 driver,
http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php/Em2880#License, states:

"the whole code is published under MPL, even if the sourcecode might
state out GPL (which might be old leftovers). This license is
incompatible with the GPL; a license change might occure at a later
time.

Affected modules are: em2880-dvb, em28xx-audio, xc3028-tuner (simply
every additionally written sourcecode which is not packaged with the
project on linuxtv.org)"

Indeed, the license headers and MODULE_LICENSE for these files still
state that they are GPL. (In fact, there have been no changes to the
repository at all since the licensing note was added to the wiki page
on the 12th of June) Also, em2880-dvb does not function with
MODULE_LICENSE("MPL"), though this may be fixable:

FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module em2880-dvb.ko uses GPL-only
symbol '__symbol_get

Note that whilst the main em28xx module is not on the list of
MPL-licensed modules (most likely because it was written by several
people), it is dependant on the now MPL-licensed xc3028-tuner module.
(Also, at one point I had code in the em2880-dvb module myself, though
it appears to have been heavily rewritten since and I'm not sure if
it's still there.)

This all seems more than a little odd (and possibly in violation of
the GPL). Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Aidan Thornton