Re: Patch for PCTV200e driver solving "NULL pointer dereference"

The driver still does not work after this patch.
This patch helps so the driver does not crash when the attachment fails. The development still continues. But it would be good to hear the opinion of the driver developers that have been working on the driver. How far the driver works? In my case now the driver loads and unloads but the attachment of the tuner and demod fails. How about others?

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Para: Juan Antonio Garcia <juanantonio_garcia_01@xxxxxxxx>
CC: Linux DVB <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Enviado: domingo, 15 de julio, 2007 0:54:14
Asunto: Re: Patch for PCTV200e driver solving "NULL pointer dereference"

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, Juan Antonio Garcia wrote:
>I have tested the patch below (included at the end) and seems to kill the "NULL
>Pointer dereference" bug when initializing the PCTV200e driver.

does the driver actually work after this patch?  I don't see this driver in
v4l-dvb, but this doesn't look right to me.  If the demod attach fails, it
allocates a fake frontend struct and attaches a tuner anyway?  How's it
supposed to do anything without the demod?

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com