Re: Patch for PCTV200e driver solving "NULL pointer dereference"

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, Juan Antonio Garcia wrote:
>I have tested the patch below (included at the end) and seems to kill the "NULL
>Pointer dereference" bug when initializing the PCTV200e driver.

does the driver actually work after this patch?  I don't see this driver in
v4l-dvb, but this doesn't look right to me.  If the demod attach fails, it
allocates a fake frontend struct and attaches a tuner anyway?  How's it
supposed to do anything without the demod?