Re: HVR4000 Support

In message <20070317221756.GB23903@xxxxxxxxx>, Gregoire Favre wrote:

lo

>On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 06:05:28PM +0000, Darron Broad wrote:
>
>> diseqc is not implemented in the driver so whatever tools you use
>> there will be no effect.
>
>Well, what does `hg log|less` says for you ?
>
>Here I got :
>changeset:   5416:03afdb635ed2
>tag:         tip
>user:        Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>date:        Fri Mar 16 14:37:06 2007 -0400
>summary:     DiSEqC support via diseqc_send_master_cmd
>
>But as it don't seems to works here, you shall be right anyway...

ok. i will check out this new development and see what happens.

>> in my case, i used an external device to send the diseqc command/burst.
>> you can try that, else wait.
>
>I think you are the only one who can tune to anything with this card,
>but it's a more or less as you use some other hardware to help the
>tuning...

the external hardware selects either the band, polarity or feed with
the driver being able to select the band using a tone.

if you discover what a priority switch does you will find that
what it does is allow a master device to control the above with
the slave being able to tune only frequencies on the same
band and polarity as the master.

it cannot affect the integral tuner of the slave, they are independant
in that regard.

>It would be interesting to see what will happen when you only plug the
>card and try to tune.

if i do that it works, but can't select a feed with diseqc. it
can control a universal LNB feed alone.

>From the mail of "Bob" I can see he also can't tune (which is the
>reason he don't receive anything in mplayer).

this is not true, Bob is able to tune, and if you are not able
to tune then you have some other problem.

l8r

--

 // /
{:)==={ Darron Broad <darron@xxxxxxxx>