Re: Anubis Electronics "Lifeview"(0x10fd:0x1513)

Hartmut,

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> RFC: should we make this a configuration option?
> I would tend to add an entry "ts_mode" to tda1004x_config
> which defaults to parallel (0) to remain backward compatible. At least
> the standard modes should turn the other output off to avoid noise.
> I can prepare a experimental patch for this to cross-check.

To me, this sounds like a good idea.  There are already some other demod drivers
that are doing the same thing.  For instance, inside lgdt330x-config, lgdt330x has:

/* MPEG hardware interface - 0:parallel 1:serial */
int serial_mpeg;

... in practice, some devices are using parallel, while others are using serial.

I think you should go ahead with your patch.

Regards,

Michael Krufky