Re: Anubis Electronics "Lifeview"(0x10fd:0x1513)

Hi,

Aapo Tahkola schrieb:
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 03:10:41 +0200
> Aapo Tahkola <aet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:06:15 +0100
>> Pierre Willenbrock <pierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Hi Mike and Hartmut,
>>>
>>> this time, the patch does not change tda827x.c at all. I fiddled
>>> with the PHY2 value in tda1004x.c and found it to be related to the
>>> IF(there seems to be some factor between the IF and PHY2 introduced
>>> somewhere else). This leaves some differences in tda1004x.c. I don't
>>> know what to do with these, so i would be glad to get any hints.
>>
>> Updated patch. I'm fine with these m920x changes.
>>

> Signed-of-by: Aapo Tahkola <aet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

PHY2 indeed defines the IF frequency relative to the sampling frequency.
If you need a different value here, the reason most probably is the
following:
In some countries, i.e. Britain, France and Australia, the tranmitters
are +/- 166kHz off the channel center frequency. This isn't documented.
You can compensate this by simply tuning to the actually used channel
center frequency.

A note: Some channel decoders can compensate this offset automatically.
The tda10046 needs assistance from the driver for this. This is not
built in yet.

Hartmut