Re: Anubis Electronics "Lifeview"(0x10fd:0x1513)

Hartmut Hackmann schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Aapo Tahkola schrieb:
>> On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 03:10:41 +0200
>> Aapo Tahkola <aet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Updated patch. I'm fine with these m920x changes.
>>>
>> Signed-of-by: Aapo Tahkola <aet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
> PHY2 indeed defines the IF frequency relative to the sampling frequency.
> If you need a different value here, the reason most probably is the
> following:
> In some countries, i.e. Britain, France and Australia, the tranmitters
> are +/- 166kHz off the channel center frequency. This isn't documented.
> You can compensate this by simply tuning to the actually used channel
> center frequency.

The windows driver used an IF of 4.75MHz for UHF, so i resorted to
hardcoding it to 4.75MHz in tda827x.c, while using PHY2, WREF and the
other settings from an usb log. After changing PHY2 the hack in
tda827x.c is no longer needed. This leaves me with these settings for
UHF(cannot test VHF -- i don't get any channels in that range):

CONFPLL2=7 //52MHz sampling clock?
FREQ_PHY2=0xc4f
TIME_WREF1..5=0x5b, 0x02, 0xd0, 0x2d, 0x03

> A note: Some channel decoders can compensate this offset automatically.
> The tda10046 needs assistance from the driver for this. This is not
> built in yet.
>
> Hartmut

Regards,
  Pierre