Re: Anubis Electronics "Lifeview"(0x10fd:0x1513)

Hi, Pierre

Pierre Willenbrock schrieb:
> Hartmut Hackmann schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Aapo Tahkola schrieb:

>>> Signed-of-by: Aapo Tahkola <aet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>> PHY2 indeed defines the IF frequency relative to the sampling frequency.
>> If you need a different value here, the reason most probably is the
>> following:
>> In some countries, i.e. Britain, France and Australia, the tranmitters
>> are +/- 166kHz off the channel center frequency. This isn't documented.
>> You can compensate this by simply tuning to the actually used channel
>> center frequency.
>>

> The windows driver used an IF of 4.75MHz for UHF, so i resorted to
> hardcoding it to 4.75MHz in tda827x.c, while using PHY2, WREF and the
> other settings from an usb log. After changing PHY2 the hack in
> tda827x.c is no longer needed. This leaves me with these settings for
> UHF(cannot test VHF -- i don't get any channels in that range):
>
> CONFPLL2=7 //52MHz sampling clock?

yes

> FREQ_PHY2=0xc4f
> TIME_WREF1..5=0x5b, 0x02, 0xd0, 0x2d, 0x03

This gives a IF center frequency of 5.0MHz and a bandwidth of 8MHz.

>> A note: Some channel decoders can compensate this offset automatically.
>> The tda10046 needs assistance from the driver for this. This is not
>> built in yet.
>>
>> Hartmut
>
> Regards,
>   Pierre

The only difference is that you use a sampling clock of 52MHz while the
original driver uses 48MHz. This btw is the same as the Philips default
driver for windows uses.
We could have a long discussion now about ideal sampling frequencies but
believe me: as long as your board does not have a weird interference
problem, 48MHz is the better choice for the sampling clock and adding a
additional one would only make life more difficult.

Best regards
  Hartmut
Best regards
   Hartmut