Re: Re: Linux DVB + PCI bus extender (Magma) - Anyone?

Mark Buechler wrote:
> I suppose nobody has a comment or suggestion on this.. I guess I'm on
> my own.
>
> - Mark.
>
> On 3/6/07, *Mark Buechler* < mark.buechler@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:mark.buechler@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     I'm looking to purchase a PCI bus extender by Magma to use with my
>     Nexus-S, SkayStar2 and Twinhan cards. Before I spend the money,
>     however, I wanted to cover my bases and make sure I'm not going to
>     run into any latency or timing issues with slots in the extender.
>     Has anyone has success using one of these with any DVB cards under
>     Linux?
>
>     Thanks in advance, Mark.

- Probably not a lot of people with first hand experience with such a
setup.  Second, the other problem is that the typical end user doesn't
hang around here -- users tend to ask a question to a problem that they
have and then, once they receive an answer, are never to be heard from
again on the list
- there are few developers here, and their time is tight ... so giving
one days allowance is not necessarily indicative that you are on your
own.....sometimes you have to be patient

In any regard, I don't know if you would run into similar problems with
an extender, but it might be worthwhile to browse through these threads
dealing with a problem related to using a pci riser:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-February/016027.html
which stems from this thread:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-February/015936.html

If that strikes you as a possibility, then consider searching (google
works well) the achieves for other incidences with extenders or risers.