Re: HVR4000 Support

Regular DVB-S and DVB-S2 should work fine. Remember you'll need apps
that support the multiproto API's to use the S2 functionality.

Lastly, see my posting to the ML last week for instructions on obtaining
the firmware.

I will test the above sometime later, yet in the meantime I retrofitted
the cx24116 demod driver into v4l-dvb hg minus the multiproto/dvb-s2 support and it
functions. A bug was discovered which is probably the cause of the issue
detailed below.

There is a tarball for if you are interested, plus a scan output and kaffeine
channel config for Astra-28.2E at http://dev.kewl.org/tmp/hvr4000/

That's exactly how the driver was originally developed. It's basically held up behind multiproto for the S/S2 modulation selection during tuning. You can absolutely make it work with the existing V4l-dvb tree if you don't mind limited modulation support. It will be semi-limited.

I'm not likely support any effort to merge this into mainline until multiproto truely arrives, else Manu's work is undermined. However... Good work, thanks. It may help some people.

Regards,

Steve