Re: Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Manu Abraham ha escrit:
>
>>> Just a (first ;-) question (since you have seen the documentation): do
>>> you see this device as fitting the current dvb-usb infrastructure?
>>
>> Yes, it would fit in a very nice way, such that no firmware would be
>> necessary.
>
> I'm confused: in apollo.cpp the initialize function initializes
> firmware_ to defaultFirmware_ (defined in firmware.h) and if it is not
> null (which I suppose it isn't) it calls ApolloLoadFW which in turn
> calls usbLoadFirmware (defined in bus/usb.cpp) if the default bus is in
> use).

Sorry, was looking at something else.

Apollo Datasheet v1.1 9002/3/5
page 41 says

In 2nd phase the host will download OFSM image to ASIC RAM, which is
starting from 0x4100.
In last phase, the host polls status register (0xC90B) to check if this
downloading is successful or failed.
So there is a firmware involved.

>> There are two parts specific to the err .. documentation, the bus
>> specific part and the demod specific. In there it is all depicted as
>> just one. You need to separate it out a bit.
>
> I wonder if we're seeing to the same documentation (or it's simple me
> that cannot make heads or tails of it).
> I guess I'll have to use usbsnoop to see what the windows driver is
> actually doing.

Sorry again on that. You can see on page 42 how the download sequence goes

Manu