Re: Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Manu Abraham ha escrit:

>>> I thought that was not the case, since the only reference I found on
>>> this device is in the message I replied to, which states that "the
>>> vendor has no interest in linux".
>>> That's why I contacted them, to discover that it simply is not true.
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> I didn't say anything because it needed me to create a working driver,
>> which i haven't done at that point of time, eventhough i saw the
>> discussion on the same flying past (ie, not started working on it)
>
> So it would have been better if I kept my mouth shut :-D

Don't worry too much. Can say lucky that you went for it. Was doing some
other work. :)

>> Was working with some other devices as well, so did not want to spend
>> much time with the 9005.
>> Go ahead, It 's not very hard to write a good driver, having patience is
>> the key to it. Best of luck on your stab at the first DVB driver
>
> Just a (first ;-) question (since you have seen the documentation): do
> you see this device as fitting the current dvb-usb infrastructure?

Yes, it would fit in a very nice way, such that no firmware would be
necessary.

There are two parts specific to the err .. documentation, the bus
specific part and the demod specific. In there it is all depicted as
just one. You need to separate it out a bit.

> e.g. I see there's no firmware file as such but it is "embedded" in
> firmware.h.

Life is much better without firmware. :)

Manu