Re: Typhoon DVB-T Duo CardBus again

Am Dienstag, den 24.10.2006, 01:18 +0200 schrieb ranger719@xxxxxx:
> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> > The reason for this lies in "GPIO magic". With the configuration for card
> > 88, the GPIO configuration for the channel decoder is wrong, so the DSP in
> > the channel decoder can't boot. But it needs to do this only once after
> > power up. So we need a specific configuration for your card. The question
> > is: How do we separate it from the other cards?
> > By the way: Does your card have a fan?
> >
> > Hartmut
>
> I can try to remove the casing and make some high-res pictures from the
> chips etc. I can also post more info from lspci, lshw and so on
> (whatever you need).
> As far as I have recognized it does not have a fan (I don't see one,
> too). At least I did not hear it if it went on. But we will see this if
> I open it. I will do this tomorrow.
>

> > Hermanns Tips depend a bit on the following question:
> > Does your board have 2 tuners or not?
> > Or in other words: Is it supposed to receive analog and DVB-T
> > simultanously?
>
> I don't know, I will test this tomorrow, too.
>
> Johannes

Hello,

you reported also the orange LED on with card=87.

after some search, simultaneously seemed not to be indicated.

Article 50500 either/or (hybrid)
http://www.typhoon.de/de/art.php?p=805&pv=3

and

Article 50503 claimed to be the same as 50500
http://www.typhoon.de/de/art.php?p=790&pv=9
,but the "datasheet" reveals now both at once!

Didn't dig deeper yet, except that we have the same gpio init on the
above mentioned hybrid cards. And LifeView remotes ...

A subdevice 0x0503 might be the dual tuner version then,
but we have:
> Oct 23 10:26:04 shodan saa7133[0]: subsystem: 4e42:0502, board:
> > Tevion/KWorld DVB-T 220RF [card=88,insmod option]
> > Oct 23 10:26:04 shodan saa7133[0]: board init: gpio is 8210000
With that subsystem there are several cards.

Johannes, which article number you have?
Maybe try also i2c_scan=1 for saa7134 and tuner debug=1.

Cheers,
Hermann