Re: Typhoon DVB-T Duo CardBus again

hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you might also try with card=87, for that one on analog only TV is
> configured yet and you might also try card=94 for testing the other
> analog inputs.
>
> It has at least the same gpio on init and might be a clone.
> You should install a copy of the recent mercurial master tree
> for your testing.
>
> Greetings,
> Hermann

Very weird. I tested it a bit more with card=87 and 88. Suddenly it
worked. But it was pure luck that I was able to scan the channels.
First of all I do a "modprobe saa7134 card=87 ; modprobe saa7134-alsa ;
modprobe saa7134-dvb", then push the card into the bay. The orange led
is now on. After that I have to REMOVE the modules with "modprobe
saa7134 card=87 ; modprobe saa7134-alsa ; modprobe saa7134-dvb" and then
I have to do "modprobe saa7134 card=88 ; modprobe saa7134-alsa ;
modprobe saa7134-dvb". The orange led goes off but now I am able to scan
and tune to the channels. I just forgot to remove the card after
removing the modules. I don't know what that means, but maybe you know.
After removing the card no card-options works "alone", I have to load 87
first, then remove it and load  88, otherwise I can not tune (or lock?)
to any frequency/station.
I found 24 channels here in my region and I believe there are not more.
I can watch them with kaffeine now, but with no sound at the moment
(except if I switch to ac3; until now I have not configured
saa7134-alsa). After testing a bit more I found out that if I first load
88 and then 87 I can only lock/tune to channels belonging to the "RTL
group". If I do it the 87/88 way and then the 88/87 way I cannot lock to
channels found previosly (and vica verse).
I will investage this further tomorrow, but if anyone has any idea how
to get this card to cooperate in a more "common way" I am here to test it.

So long thank you both for the tips.

Greetings,
Johannes