Re: Typhoon DVB-T Duo CardBus again

Hi

ranger719@xxxxxx wrote:
hermann pitton wrote:

Hi,

you might also try with card=87, for that one on analog only TV is
configured yet and you might also try card=94 for testing the other
analog inputs.

It has at least the same gpio on init and might be a clone.
You should install a copy of the recent mercurial master tree
for your testing.

Greetings,
Hermann

Very weird. I tested it a bit more with card=87 and 88. Suddenly it
worked. But it was pure luck that I was able to scan the channels.
First of all I do a "modprobe saa7134 card=87 ; modprobe saa7134-alsa ;
modprobe saa7134-dvb", then push the card into the bay. The orange led
is now on. After that I have to REMOVE the modules with "modprobe
saa7134 card=87 ; modprobe saa7134-alsa ; modprobe saa7134-dvb" and then
I have to do "modprobe saa7134 card=88 ; modprobe saa7134-alsa ;
modprobe saa7134-dvb". The orange led goes off but now I am able to scan
and tune to the channels. I just forgot to remove the card after
removing the modules. I don't know what that means, but maybe you know.
After removing the card no card-options works "alone", I have to load 87
first, then remove it and load  88, otherwise I can not tune (or lock?)
to any frequency/station.
I found 24 channels here in my region and I believe there are not more.
I can watch them with kaffeine now, but with no sound at the moment
(except if I switch to ac3; until now I have not configured
saa7134-alsa). After testing a bit more I found out that if I first load
88 and then 87 I can only lock/tune to channels belonging to the "RTL
group". If I do it the 87/88 way and then the 88/87 way I cannot lock to
channels found previosly (and vica verse).
I will investage this further tomorrow, but if anyone has any idea how
to get this card to cooperate in a more "common way" I am here to test it.

So long thank you both for the tips.

Greetings,
Johannes

The reason for this lies in "GPIO magic". With the configuration for card
88, the GPIO configuration for the channel decoder is wrong, so the DSP in
the channel decoder can't boot. But it needs to do this only once after
power up. So we need a specific configuration for your card. The question
is: How do we separate it from the other cards?
By the way: Does your card have a fan?

Hartmut