Re: new tv tuner card

Peter D. wrote:
On Friday 8 September 2006 06:32, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

[snip]
This might be a clone of the LifeView LR306 card.
so please try:
modprobe saa7134 card=94
modprobe saa7134-dvb
If this works, we can easily add an entry to get it detected
automatically.
Hmm.  The card does have "LR306" on it.  There were no obvious
errors when I put those commands into /etc/modprobe.preload, but
I couldn't tune into any channels.  (Used Kaffeine for dvb and
KdeTV for analogue.)

It is possible that I don't really have a clue after all.  8-(
[snip]

They cause entries in the kernel log (/var/log/messages or dmesg)
Please post them here. If the dvb driver loads, please start any
dvb application. This will cause additional messages. Please post
these as well.

Here are some edited highlights from the test installation's messages file. I will do another card swap and reboot later to confirm that it is what you asked for.

 I've had the below problem. It seems to be easy to 'break'
this card. For me it has required turning the system
off pulling the power out completely and restarting. This
also affects the windows software. I successfully got
mythtv to scan the 5 melbourne stations and managed a
half hour dvb recording but it didn't work when I went
back to watch an analogue channel and when I tried
the dvb again I get the firmware revision ff thing.
After a reboot when this happens attempting to
install the saa7134-dvb module gives

Sep  8 16:42:04 illian kernel: saa7133[0]: frontend initialization failed

Until I completely depower the system.

[c17] /mnt/test/var/log
->cat messages.temp

Sep 7 10:24:26 localhost kernel: tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock Sep 7 10:24:27 localhost kernel: tda1004x: found firmware revision ff -- invalid
Sep  7 10:24:27 localhost kernel: tda1004x: booting from eeprom
Sep 7 10:24:27 localhost kernel: tda1004x: found firmware revision ff -- invalid
Sep  7 10:24:27 localhost kernel: tda1004x: firmware upload failed