Re: new tv tuner card

Opps, didn't cc this to the list first time round...

Subject: Re:  new tv tuner card
Date: Thursday 7 September 2006 12:02
From: "Peter D." <peter_s_d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Hartmut Hackmann <hartmut.hackmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Thursday 7 September 2006 06:26, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Peter D. wrote:

[snip]

> > I already have a happily working dvb-t card - so I have half a
> > clue what things are supposed to look like.
> >
> > The new card is an MSI TV@nywhere A/D.

[snip]

> This might be a clone of the LifeView LR306 card.
> so please try:
> modprobe saa7134 card=94
> modprobe saa7134-dvb
> If this works, we can easily add an entry to get it detected
> automatically.

Hmm.  The card does have "LR306" on it.  There were no obvious errors
when I put those commands into /etc/modprobe.preload, but I couldn't
tune into any channels.  (Used Kaffeine for dvb and KdeTV for
analogue.)

It is possible that I don't really have a clue after all.  8-(

--
Peter D.
Sig goes here...