Re: new tv tuner card

On Friday 8 September 2006 19:04, Philip Shead wrote:

[snip]
> I've had the below problem. It seems to be easy to 'break'
> this card. For me it has required turning the system
> off pulling the power out completely and restarting.

Maybe my problems weren't entirely my own fault after all.

> This
> also affects the windows software. I successfully got
> mythtv to scan the 5 melbourne stations

I'm in Melbourne too.  Did you know that (analogue only) channel 31
exists?  Not that there is a lot on it that I want to watch.  Also
there are repeater stations that service small areas that have poor
reception on the normal channels.  I think that they are all in the
upper range of UHF.

> and managed a
> half hour dvb recording but it didn't work when I went
> back to watch an analogue channel and when I tried
> the dvb again I get the firmware revision ff thing.
> After a reboot when this happens attempting to
> install the saa7134-dvb module gives
>
> Sep  8 16:42:04 illian kernel: saa7133[0]: frontend initialization
> failed
>
> Until I completely depower the system.
[snip]

Sounds a little bit annoying.