Re: Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 auto detect problem- suggested code fix

Hi, all

Mark Callaghan wrote:
James, Hartmut,
I have also had "interesting" PCI ID behaviour from my Compro VideoMate, on
FC4.

I have seen the correct PCI ID in dmesg, but I usually get 1850:0000 (or was
it 185b:0000?). I can't remember the exact ID. I've been using a
modprobe.conf workaround to get the saa7134-dvb module loaded.

My suspicion was that it was related to whether the machine was reset or
went through a power-down.

That makes sense! Can you please verify this?
I suspect that the board allows to remap the address of the eeprom that
defines the ID. This might be done i.e. with GPIOs of the SAA7134.

James,
I have had a somewhat tortured path to getting things going also. There are
many points to stumble on. But I am getting close. I have had the remote
working. But perhaps like you, I get only brief periods to work on it,
perhaps once overy 4 days to 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Mark

<snip>