Re: Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 auto detect problem - suggested code fix

Hi, James

James Lawrence wrote:
Hi Hartmut,

I started again from the top with yet another clean install of gentoo. This time the kernel version was 2.6.15r7. This time, when I modprobe saa7134 the card is recognized correctly with PCI ID of 185b:c900, with NO CODE MODs. I have not yet tested to see if the cards actually work - I will post another reply only if they do not. I have not yet checked the remote control issue as I have not yet got that far. I will post a reply to that message when I have tested it.

I recommend that you do not make the patch I previously suggested as both my cards are now correctly recognized. There is obviously something else weird going on that I don't understand ... it is very odd that I should see the same erroneous behavior for OSS SuSE 10.0 64 bit and for Gentoo compiled for AMD64, then have it behave correctly when I reinstall Gentoo, still targeted at AMD64.

Regards,
James.