Re: Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 auto detect problem- suggested code fix

Mark, Hartmut,

With prompting from Mark I did a few tests. I have found that the behavior is consistent:

After a cold boot (ie a power up) the PCI ID is read correctly as 185b:c900 After a warm boot (either a reboot command or pushing the reset button), the PCI ID is read incorrectly as 1850:0000.

Both Mark and I have nForce3 based motherboards but then the similarity stops.

Some time in the next few weeks I will see if I can muster up enough time to put the card in another machine - an old Athlon XP with a completely different motherboard - and see what happens.

Regards,
James.