[linux-dvb] Twinhan VP-1025

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 11:08 +0900, Artem wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 January 2006 10:53, Mark Buechler wrote:
> > BER (Bit Error Rate) and UNC (Uncorrectable Blocks) I believe aren't
> > implemented or are not available on Twinhan cards (at least the 102G &
> > 1020a cards I have). It would be nice if they were considering MythTV uses
> > these as well.
> >

> So, It's mean that Twinhan cards is't supported in linux? In this case which
> card I can use in linux?
There are some known problems with the twinhan cards' linux drivers.
Manu Abraham (and to some extent me) is working on these and they
include among other this:
 * Some cards are sometimes not correctly detected, this happens rarely
and a fix is available that makes it happen very very rarely
 * The signal quality numbers are incorrect except for "has lock", no
fix is currently available but it is supposedly a simple fix. (Manu: I
very much like to do this if you have some documentation for me to use)

The remaining issues have little interrest to people not using CA
modules. These issues are:
 * i2c communication errors causes issues causes decryption to stop or
drop out for a while when running for some time.
 * The cam interface is incomplete (only app info and ca_pmt supported
at the moment, other things, like mmi menus would be of interrest)

Regards

Sigmund