[linux-dvb] dnt Euro Stick DVB-T -- FATAL: FE_GET_INFO failed: 22 Invalid argument

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 03:00:08PM +0100, Michael Hanke wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:25:42PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > Try to add a printk() to dvb_frontend.c:dvb_frontend_ioctl()
> > in front of the big switch statement, to see if we get there,
> > and print the value of cmd to compare with the value of
> > the compat_ioctl_error() print.
> That will take some time. I'm using the Debian stock kernel from unstable.
> Which is currently version 2.6.14. Building the latest dvb-kernel version (and I
> assume you mean that),

No, I meant you'd just change a line or two in you kernel source...

> would mean to set up an AMD64 chroot to build with
> the correct compiler version and platform). I'm afraid that I will not be
> able to do that within the next week. Is there any other (perhaps
> less exact, but maybe quicker) way to locate the problem? If there is the
> possiblity I would like to stick to the stock kernels (easy upgrades,
> ...)

Out of curiosity, could you try this:

$ nm --print-size --defined-only /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/dvb-ttpci.ko | grep bpp2pal
000000e0 00000020 d bpp2pal

...to check if sizeof(some enum) is 4, as the gcc docs say it should be.

If the size for you is != 00000020 we have an explanation for the
problem. Otherwise I see no way to debug this without you
compiling your own kernel or at least DVB modules.

BTW, is there anyone else running 32bit userspace on a 64bit kernel on AMD64?

Johannes