[linux-dvb] dnt Euro Stick DVB-T -- FATAL: FE_GET_INFO failed: 22 Invalid argument

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 03:21:23PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 03:00:08PM +0100, Michael Hanke wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:25:42PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > > Try to add a printk() to dvb_frontend.c:dvb_frontend_ioctl()
> > > in front of the big switch statement, to see if we get there,
> > > and print the value of cmd to compare with the value of
> > > the compat_ioctl_error() print.
> > That will take some time. I'm using the Debian stock kernel from unstable.
> > Which is currently version 2.6.14. Building the latest dvb-kernel version (and I
> > assume you mean that),
>
> No, I meant you'd just change a line or two in you kernel source...
Ok. In principle it is no problem for me to build my own kernel. But for
simplicity reasons (and missing time) I try (or now tried) to stick to
the stock kernels.

> > would mean to set up an AMD64 chroot to build with
> > the correct compiler version and platform). I'm afraid that I will not be
> > able to do that within the next week. Is there any other (perhaps
> > less exact, but maybe quicker) way to locate the problem? If there is the
> > possiblity I would like to stick to the stock kernels (easy upgrades,
> > ...)
>
> Out of curiosity, could you try this:
>
> $ nm --print-size --defined-only /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/dvb-ttpci.ko | grep bpp2pal
> 000000e0 00000020 d bpp2pal
>
> ...to check if sizeof(some enum) is 4, as the gcc docs say it should be.
That gives me no output at all! What does that mean?
Do you think that simply rebuilding the kernel from the Debian sources resolve the
problem?

> If the size for you is != 00000020 we have an explanation for the
> problem. Otherwise I see no way to debug this without you
> compiling your own kernel or at least DVB modules.
>
> BTW, is there anyone else running 32bit userspace on a 64bit kernel on AMD64?
I don't know, but Debian only ships Athlon64 optimized kernel images for the
AMD64 platform.

Cheers,

Michael

--