[linux-dvb] dnt Euro Stick DVB-T -- FATAL: FE_GET_INFO failed: 22 Invalid argument

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:25:42PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 09:28:09AM +0100, Michael Hanke wrote:

> > > The error message is emitted from
> > > linux/fs/compat.c:compat_ioctl_error().
> > >
> > > However, AFAIK there are no 32/64bit problems in DVB ioctl
> > > definitions (otherwise we'd have to define compat_ioctl
> > > translation hooks).
> > >
> > > Are you sure your devices nodes are properly defined?
> > >
> > > $ l /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
> > > crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3 Dec  5 13:14 /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
> > I think the nodes are ok:
> >
> > $ ll /dev/dvb/adapter0/
> > insgesamt 0
> > crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 4 2005-12-11 09:20 demux0
> > crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 5 2005-12-11 09:20 dvr0
> > crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 3 2005-12-11 09:20 frontend0
> > crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 7 2005-12-11 09:20 net0
> >
> > I'm still trying, but made no progress so far. Am I right to assume
> > that anyone has this device running (or that it should be possible).
> > I'm asking, because I still have the option to send this thing back
> > and get a different one. But I would prefer to keep it.
>
> This error isn't hardware dependent.
Ok. So it should be a matter of time.

> Try to add a printk() to dvb_frontend.c:dvb_frontend_ioctl()
> in front of the big switch statement, to see if we get there,
> and print the value of cmd to compare with the value of
> the compat_ioctl_error() print.
That will take some time. I'm using the Debian stock kernel from unstable.
Which is currently version 2.6.14. Building the latest dvb-kernel version (and I
assume you mean that), would mean to set up an AMD64 chroot to build with
the correct compiler version and platform). I'm afraid that I will not be
able to do that within the next week. Is there any other (perhaps
less exact, but maybe quicker) way to locate the problem? If there is the
possiblity I would like to stick to the stock kernels (easy upgrades,
...)

> BTW, what does /proc/devices say about char major 212?
$ cat /proc/devices |grep 212
212 DVB

Bye,

Michael