[linux-dvb] DVB-T card for PCI-X + Digital-RADIO-Linux-Questions

> >For PCI, Hauppauge has announced the WinTV Nova-T 500 MCE, which is a dual
> >tuner DVB-T card.
> >

> Is there a website with information about that?
> Does this card have 3,3V or 5V interface (ok, I admit I would prefer to
> save my 2nd PCIe port for later use with a videocard).
> And the same questions that I asked in another email just before:
> Does this card have features like surround sound, videotext, HDTV, DVB
> radio, multilingual audio (arte is not that bad at all ;-) )?
> And what about EPG and PAV? (don't know what they are,.. just read it on
> the terratec website *g*)

As it was already pointed out, these are all software features and
have nothing to do with the hardware, at least not for these kinds of
cards.

> And in general: Which one is better: Hauppauge and their DualDVB-T card
> or Terratec? =)

Hard to tell without knowing what kind of hardware there is on the
Hauppauge cards.

There were other nGene based cards (google for Micronas nGene) which
also support dual analog video. Here PCI Express has a bandwidth advantage.
But the Hauppauge and Terratec cards seem to be pure DVB-T where this
is not so critical.

According to one article
http://www.micronas.com/press/pressreleases/pressrelease.php?s=1&ID=400&year=2005&lang=1
the "PROLINK's PixelView PlayTV PCX600" will also feature analog.
But I could not find anything about if/when this will hit the market.

Ralph