[linux-dvb] DVB-T card for PCI-X

Jon Burgess wrote:

> Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
>
>> Is ther an DVB-T card (supported by the kernel) for PCI-X?
>
> You may be getting PCI-X and PCI Express (PCIe) mixed up, they are
> very different (for details see http://www.pcisig.com/specifications ).

No no ;-) I mean PCI-X.

> Regular PCI DVB cards should work OK in PCI-X slots since they are
> basically an overclocked PCI slot and should be backwards compatible.

No there are different versions of PCI and PCI-X.
PCI or PCI-X where the key is on the right side ("normal PCI cards, like
my old Terratec 1200) => those cards work with 5V
PCI or PCI-X where the key is on the left side (this ist what I'm
looking for) => those cards work with 3,3V

> A DVB card for PCIe has been announced but AFAIK no one has tried to
> use  it with the Linux drivers.
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-September/004664.html

This doesn't help me,... my Dual-Board (Tyan Thunder K8WE) hast 6 slots:
-PCIe 16x (for videocard)
-PCI (with key on the right side => 5V) => would be ok for my current
Terratec card,.. but this is much to close to the videcoard (ASUS
7800GTX) an this would become to hot for both cards)
-PCIe 16x (for videocard, too)
-PCI-X (with key on right side => 3,3V) with up to 100MHz
-PCI-X (with key on right side => 3,3V) with up to 100MHz
-PCI-X (with key on right side => 3,3V) with up to 133MHz