[linux-dvb] iVOGUE DVB20 USB box?

Hi,

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Georg Sassen wrote:
> Well, in the meantime I did some more tests with my modified pll_addr =
> 0x60. First I thought my USB 2.0 card didn't work correctly, then I
> noticed that I had USB debugging support enabled and it filled my syslog
> with millions of messages...
>
> Anyway:
>
> Scanning only works sometimes, but "dvbstream -f frequency 8192" and
> then looking at the stream and selecting the program from a remote vlc
> works fine with all 6 frequencies that are available here - but for some
> channels only if I use an active antenna, not the one that is included.
> I sometimes even have to adjust the amplification at the antenna.
>
> The Windows software, however, works ok with the included antenna, the
> box seems to be more sensitive when running the original software ?!?
>
> Could this still be a pll issue?

Yes. PLL programming is not just setting the frequency, but also to
control Automatic Gain and such things.

Unless we know which PLL is inside the tuner (and its programming) it's
just guessing.

We can reverse engineer the programming, too. Did you saw this Mail?

http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-July/003410.html

Please follow the steps. With this data we can create a pll_desc for this
device.

best regards,
Patrick.

--