[linux-dvb] iVOGUE DVB20 USB box?

Hi,

Am 10.07.2005 um 22:11 schrieb Patrick Boettcher:

> It is identical to the hanftek-device I have here.
>
> What I saw on the usblog you created, is that the tuner in your box
> is on i2c-addr 0x60 (the hanftek one is on 0x61). (This confirms my
> theory about the tuner-left-over from windows). It is connected to
> the slave-i2c-port of the mt352. Which makes it impossible to read
> the address?
>
> Is there a way of figuring out if a write to the slave-i2c-port of
> the mt352 failed? (this would be a way to distinguish the tuners)
>
> Another solution would be to simply program both tuners each on its
> address...
>
> Please try to open the box to figure out which tuner is inside.
> This is important to know. The box has apparently good reception
> quality, so need for returning it because of quality issues.

Ok, I opened it and made some photos of the PCB which you can see at
http://sams.sassen.de/gallery/dvb

There is a little sticker which says the PCB is an "UT804P", it seems
to be made by transystem.com.tw -  http://www.transystem.com.tw/p-
set_top_box-ut804p.htm

I don't know if there would be more interesting things on the
downside of the tuner PCB, but this isn't accessible without
soldering...

Tomorrow I'll try to tune it from Windows and look if I can see
something from Linux.

   Georg