[linux-dvb] Kworld Xpert DVB-T USB2.0

On 7/10/05, Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> I'm not sure in which way ADSTech and Kworld are working together, or if
> it is even the same company with two different names.
>
> There is a ADSTech USB2.0 box based on the DIB3000M-B (the only USB2.0 box
> with that one) and from your information it seems this is the second box
> with the demodulator
>
> The tuner is identical too. I assume the box is very dark blue? Do you
> have an URL which shows some pictures of the box.

The box is dark grey. You can see some pictures here:
http://www.kworld.com.tw/en/product/DVBT-USB/DVBT-USB.html
But maybe it is the same PCB. I can make some pictures of the PCB if
you are interested.

> > Box: The Box looks the same as the USB1.1 version. There is one
> > additional sticker saying USB2.0.
>
> > PCB Information:
> > Model: DVBT-USB-DBRT Ver:G
> > DIBcom 3000-M B122a DVB 0424101
> > Tuner Box: DAT7022
>
> Same tuner, too.
>
> > Bus 004 Device 002: ID eb2a:17de
>
> And indeed it has different USB IDs. But they can be easily added.
>
> Assuming the firmware is identical the one used for the ADStech box, you
> can get it from the dvb-kernel CVS. (You will need
> dvb-usb-adstech-usb2-02.fw)
>
> Which drivers are you using? Would you get along with using the drivers
> from dvb-kernel CVS? This would be the easiest way for me to create a
> patch for your box.

Up to now I used the patchset at http://linuxtv.org/downloads/patches/2.6.12/
because I had some problems compiling the cvs stuff. But that was
probably just some dependencies missing. If the CVS is most convenient
I can use the CVS stuff. I will dig into it tomorrow.

Regards
Marcus