[linux-dvb] cx88_wakeup 3 buffers handled (should be 1)

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 11:33:15PM +0100, Toby Smith wrote:
>
>>From the original suggestions I've tried a few PCI re-arrangements, but
>>still end up with the Nova card on IRQ 5 which is a little loaded on my
>>system - sharing with the network card can't be an ideal situation.
>>
>>[root@marvin szap]# more /proc/interrupts
>>  5:      64348  cx88[0], cx88[0], uhci_hcd, eth0, via@pci:0000:01:00.0
>
> It looks like you need ACPI and I/O APIC support active. This would add
> interrupts 16-23 probably and spread out the load.
[snip]
> You may have to upgrade to kernel 2.6. Not a bad idea anyway..

Thanks for the useful suggestions all. I've had a chance to have a bit
more of a play around with this:

I've already got ACPI compiled into my kernel and active (according to
dmesg at least). That kernel is 2.6.11, as it happens. ACPI doesn't seem
to produce any extra interrupts in my system, but it is a small
motherboard with only two PCI sockets after all.

I also tried disabling the onboard USB and network in order to remove
other occupants of IRQ5, which didn't make a difference.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was a dud card, so I'll see if I can swap
it over at the shop tomorrow and see if that helps...

--
Toby Smith