[linux-dvb] cx88_wakeup 3 buffers handled (should be 1)

Gerd Knorr wrote:

> Hamish Moffatt <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 07:22:52PM +0100, Simon Baxter wrote:
>>>I keep getting cx88_wakeup 3 buffers handled (should be 1) on my screen.
>>>
>>>what does this mean?
>
> It isn't critical, just a warning, it indicates pretty high IRQ
> latencies.

I'm getting the same behaviour off the same card (Nova-T connexant) and
kernel (2.6.11). In my case the warning is happening a lot, at the rate
of about a thousand a minute. That is essentially making using the card
in any application unviable.

 From the original suggestions I've tried a few PCI re-arrangements, but
still end up with the Nova card on IRQ 5 which is a little loaded on my
system - sharing with the network card can't be an ideal situation.

[root@marvin szap]# more /proc/interrupts
            CPU0
   0:     898097  timer
   1:        180  i8042
   2:          0  cascade
   4:       1348  VIA8233, uhci_hcd
   5:      64348  cx88[0], cx88[0], uhci_hcd, eth0, via@pci:0000:01:00.0
   6:     100000  ehci_hcd
   7:     285919  bttv0, bt878, uhci_hcd
   8:          1  rtc
   9:          0  acpi
  12:       7175  i8042
  14:      19303  ide0
  15:       7741  ide1

I'd love to be able to shift some of the stuff from 5 onto the lower
IRQs as an example USB is practically irrelevant for me. I may
experiment with disabling it in the BIOS to see if that helps in any way.

--
Toby Smith