[linux-dvb] cx88_wakeup 3 buffers handled (should be 1)

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 07:22:52PM +0100, Simon Baxter wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I keep getting cx88_wakeup 3 buffers handled (should be 1) on my screen.
> >
> > what does this mean?
>
> I've seen this too, but I haven't checked what it means yet.

It isn't critical, just a warning, it indicates pretty high IRQ
latencies.

Usually there is one IRQ per buffer filled with data.  If the IRQ
handler can wake up tree buffers in a row it means that it hasn't been
called for quite some time, enougth for the hardware to fill two more
buffers.

Could be some IRQ handler for another piece of hardware which runs
very long.  Does the dvb card share the IRQ with someone else?  Could
also be that someone disables IRQs or holds a lock for a long time.

  Gerd

--
-mm seems unusually stable at present.
	-- akpm about 2.6.12-rc3-mm3