[linux-dvb] Re: A suggestion required...

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
>
>> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>>> I wouldn't like to implement a special method of CI handling just
>>

>> That would mean i have to make my own hardware ? Damn..
>>
>>> for one particular hardware. You should make the interface behave
>>

>> It is not one single hardware, but it is an entire family of cards..
>>
>>> just like the existing one - then you can use VDR right out of the box.
>>>

>> It is not a special method, but only thing is that everything is in
>> Application layer, rather than Transport layer.
>> I was not looking at using it straight out of the box..
>>
>> Anyway, thanks for replying..
>>
>> Manu
>

> Maybe you should describe in more detail where exactly the difference
> is with respect to how VDR's CI handling is done now. If it just means that
> everything VDR does in its cCiTransport* stuff is not needed for your card,

I will go through the VDR code such that i have a better understanding,
what could be done

> I guess it shouldn't be too much trouble to handle things on the cCiSession
> level. What would be necessary then, though, would be some of of having the
> driver API tell the application which method to use (maybe that's already
> there and I just didn't use it ;-).

Yes, that is one possibility, the driver does use the High Level API..
Well let me just go through the code before i state anything .. I am not
CPP expert, but i can surely read and somewhat understand CPP.

Let me work it out a bit on that, i will get back on this..

> And please post to the list and don't CC: me - this only tears threads
> apart.

Thanks,
Manu