[linux-dvb] Re: A suggestion required...

Manu Abraham wrote:
> I have been working on the Twinhan and Twinhan clone card drivers, i
> mean both FTA and CI based ones..
>

> The FTA cards do look like most standard cards, whereas the CI based
> cards are a bit different from others..
>
> The reason why the CI based cards do differ from the others is that
> there is no Transport Layer visible to the driver, but does exists in
> some form in the Firmware, and nothing can be done about it ..
>
> So here i am at a point, ready to write a layer/library that would make
> it more adaptable to DVB applications..

Since you Cc'd Klaus: VDR already contains a CI library, and I guess
he's not eager to include another one. It would be nice if you
could point out to him what needs to be changed in VDR to support
Twinhan-style CI, or maybe even send him a patch. But you
better sort that out on the vdr mailing list.

Johannes