Re: J1939 for 4.9.88 kernel

Thanks all for your answer.
I will see with project team what is the best for us regarding
delay/planning/cost as this is what will makje the decision.

Kurt i just quick integrate your versiob, and it works fine (at least
for nominal use case, i did not have time to go further).

Best regards
Laurent

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 11:50 AM Oleksij Rempel <o.rempel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Kurt,
>
> On 25.04.19 11:24, Kurt Van Dijck wrote:
> > On wo, 24 apr 2019 09:50:18 +0200, laurent vaudoit wrote:
> >> Kurt, i've found this branch on your github,
> >> https://github.com/kurt-vd/linux/tree/j1939d-v4.9.10/net/can/j1939
> >>
> >> shouldn't it be a good start for us?
> >
> > This is already an iproute-less version, so it's API requires you to
> > change your usespace slightly already.
> > Given the recent developments, I still propose to take the
> > latest-and-greatest can-next, and backport it.
> >
> > I can't evaluate if it's a big task anymore, but 4.9 is not that old,
> > I guess that no major changes happened that make backporting useless.
> >
> > Oleksij, since you sit close on top of this, what do you think about
> > backporting possibility?
>
> Hhm... as usual, git cherry-pick +/- some regressions. In best case it will just work.
>
> > Kurt
> >>
> >> best regards
> >> Laurent

> Kind regards,
> Oleksij Rempel
>
> --
> Pengutronix e.K.                           |                             |
> Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |
> Peiner Str. 6-8, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany | Phone: +49-5121-206917-0    |
> Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686           | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |

[Index of Archives]     [Automotive Discussions]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [CAN Bus]