Re: mesh: Handling application failures on Create/Join/Import

Hi Michal, Brian,

On Tue, 2019-12-17 at 21:06 +0100, michal.lowas-rzechonek@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> On 12/17, Gix, Brian wrote:
> > > Indeed. Would you be willing to accept a patch that changes token
> > > delivery to use JoinComplete call in all cases, and checks that the call
> > > returns successfully?
> >
> > Maybe...  I need to discuss it with Inga.  How does this relate to
> > Create() though?  There is no JoinComplete() call currently axs a
> > result of Create()...  just the return value from the Create() method.
> > Is your problem that the daemon cannot be sure that the return value
> > (token) from Create() was received?
>
> Yes, exactly.

As much as I don't like API changes in a released code, this seems to
be a legitimate case for doing so.

So yes, let's change the logic so that all three methods (Join, Create,
and Import) have void return values and the token is delivered in
JoinComplete(). A node is "finalized" only upon successful return of
JoinComplete().

Best regards,
Inga