Re: mesh: Handling application failures on Create/Join/Import

On 12/17, Gix, Brian wrote:
> I think one piece of functionality that we have *not* yet tested is
> Node Reset.  If a Config Client sends a Node Reset to an "Orphaned
> Node", using that nodes Device Key, the daemon should be cleaning up
> all of it's storage.

I meant 'get rid of it from the application side'. After Create(), noone
else knows how to talk to the newly created config server...

> > I think the Application does need to take responsibility for the
> > token, once it receives it...  If the call (or response) that
> > delivers the token to the App fails, the node should be deleted

Indeed. Would you be willing to accept a patch that changes token
delivery to use JoinComplete call in all cases, and checks that the call
returns successfully?

--
Michał Lowas-Rzechonek <michal.lowas-rzechonek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Silvair http://silvair.com