Re: Failed to parse provisioning database file prov_db.json : BlueZ,Meshctl V5.50

Hello Inga,
On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 10:55 PM Stotland, Inga <inga.stotland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Raul,
>
> On Tue, 2018-08-21 at 13:29 +0530, Raul Piper wrote:
> > Hello Inga,
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 2:37 AM, Stotland, Inga <inga.stotland@intel.
> > com> wrote:
> > > Hi Raul,

> > > There is no record of libjson-c in your ldconfig output. So my
> > > guess
> > > would be that something is to do with the installation of json-c
> > > library on rpi.
> > >
> > > If you had to build the json-c from source and then run make
> > > install,
> > > you may want to modify the installation path to be something
> > > standard
> > > on your system from where ldconfig will be able to pick it up.
> > > ./configure --prefix=/somewhere/not/usr/local prior to make install
> > >
> > > Alternatively, you may try to run this command:
> > >
> > >  ldconfig -l /path-to-libjson-c.so.xxx
> > >
> > > Re-run ldconfig afterwards and see if the libjson-c showed up.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Inga
> > >
> > > P.S. Just FYI, the standard way to respond to emails on bluez
> > > mailing
> > > list is to include the body of you reply at the tail of the
> > > message.
> > >

> > Sorry for Top posting.
> > I reinstalled the blueZ  (with --enable-mesh) , installed json-c from
> > the git
> > I can see the entry of the libjson-c unlike previously but it still
> > gives the same error.
>
> By the same error you mean "error loading shared library" or "failed to
> parse"?
>
> > Don't we have to link the libjson-c with the BlueZ while building by
> > setting some Linker flags(LD) in the Makefile of the BlueZ.Is there
> > any such option?
> > How will I come to know that it has built successfully with the
> > reference to the libjson-c.
> > I believe we must have json-c pre-installed before building
> > the  BlueZ
> > and Build setup of BlueZ must know where is the libjson-c.
>
> Both configure and Makefile.tools reference ljson-c. meshctl executable
> would not be built if libjson-c wasn't found during build time.
>
> In case you are still experiencing "loading shared library" error, my
> guess is that the libjson-c location is not on the search path.
>
> Regards,
> Inga

The error I meant  is below (on executing meshctl -c mesh):
"Failed to parse local node configuration file mesh/local_node.json"

ldconfig -v | grep json command gives the below  logs :

====================
ldconfig: Path `/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf' given more than once

ldconfig: Path `/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf' given more than once

libjson-c.so.3 -> libjson-c.so.3.0.1

ldconfig: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ld-2.24.so is the dynamic linker, ignoring

libjson-glib-1.0.so.0 -> libjson-glib-1.0.so.0.200.6

libfastjson.so.4 -> libfastjson.so.4.0.0

libjson-c.so.4 -> libjson-c.so.4.0.0

whereis libjson-c.so.4 gives the below  logs :

===============================

libjson-c.so: /usr/local/lib/libjson-c.so /usr/local/lib/libjson-c.so.4

whereis libjson-c.so.4.0.0 gives the below  logs :

==============================

libjson-c.so.4.0: /usr/local/lib/libjson-c.so.4.0.0

I have added the /usr/local/lib to the PATH

echo $PATH gives the below  logs :
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games:/usr/local/lib:/home/pi/opt/bin

what possibly could be wrong?
Do you have a set of steps to test the "meshctl -c mesh " command
starting from the installation
of json-c and BlueZ . I can start fresh .

Thanks in advance !
Rp