Re: How to replace DUN with bluez 4?

also sprach Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> [2009.07.19.2020 +0200]:
> Have you tried this:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothDialup#Configuring%20PPP

It's the wrong way around: I don't want to connect my computer via
the phone, I want to give my Palm access to the Net via my computer.

> > Is there any non-"wizard" and non-GUI support planned? I really
> > appreciated how dund just ran as a daemon.
>
> You can write a shell script wizard if you prefer, it is basically
> a DBus client to talk to bluetoothd. Linux desktop already have
> much better alternatives (NM and connman) to what dund does they
> just need some adaptations, so no we don't consider writing an
> alternative to dund on BlueZ.

Right, but they are Linux Desktop. dund worked on non-desktops.

It's scary to see this desktop trend. It's like Windows NT 4.0, and
the Windows-typical need to log in to be able to start a firewall or
fileserver.

(a)bort, (r)etry, (p)retend this never happened

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx