Re: How to replace DUN with bluez 4?

also sprach Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> [2009.07.19.1936 +0200]:
> You can make use of Serial interface by calling
> Serial.Connect(''dun"), this will return you a bonded port to use,
> it is up to you to use pppd or whatever you prefer to connect,
> note that the port will not be stored permanently.

So you are saying that it should not be too hard to write a little
programme that got the port and which fires off pppd on connect?

> There are some plans to integrate it with NetworkManager and
> connman, but there are some parts missing like possible
> integrating it properly with the wizard and store permanently.

Is there any non-"wizard" and non-GUI support planned? I really
appreciated how dund just ran as a daemon.

"the only thing that sustains one through life is the consciousness of
 the immense inferiority of everybody else, and this is a feeling that
 I have always cultivated."
                                                        -- oscar wilde

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx