Re: How to replace DUN with bluez 4?

> It's scary to see this desktop trend. It's like
> Windows NT 4.0, and the Windows-typical need to log
> in to be able to start a firewall or fileserver.

Tell me about it.  I keep seeing people (including me)
looking for command-line applications to do things
with BlueZ 4.x and getting responses along the lines
of "it works with [GNOME/KDE application], so just run
that, or look at the source code"... or people simply
get no response at all.  What concerns me is it not
apparent there is a presumption that there needs to
be command-line applications to do everything which
can be done in GUIs.  Real, supported applications,
not just pointers to a web page somewhere with a forum
posting with a Python script which calls dbus and sort
of does the desired thing, if the API has not changed
too much since the posting... in which case it may
just fail with an obscure error.