Re: lists.ardour.org email config is broken -- was Re: how much is contained in the .ardour file

On 2012-06-12 22:39, Robin Gareus wrote:
On 06/12/2012 06:05 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:59:51AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

Strange. But I've no control over it, the linuxaudio.org address
goes to a machine at Virginia Tech. There were some changes to
that system a few days ago, but I don't know the details.

Just a normal regular system-update, debian security updates.

Mailman was updated as port of that, as was dovecot (imap),
but our trusty old postfix is still the same. Yet spamassassin has
updated rules which made ardour.org's misconfiguration eventually tip
over:  lists.aroudr.org  BAD_MX=8.925

Although something is certainly fishy with regards to the way the ardour.org domain is configured. Even if an MX record must exist I can't seem to find a corresponding IP (the MX is hostmaster.dreamhost.com, which does not seem to have an A record...)

I'll try to have another look in the morning. I only have a windows machine here and I doubt windows can even resolve addresses properly :)

Cheers everyone :)

--
Marc-Olivier Barre
XMPP ID : marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx