Re: how much is contained in the .ardour file

On 2012-06-12 14:05, Joe Hartley wrote:

Yes, the .ardour file stores all the information about the session,
and it does make sense to keep older versions, but for easy session
and backup management, it makes sense to take snapshots along the
way and use those if/when you want to go back to an earlier point.

Taking a snapshot creates an .ardour file with the snapshot name
rather than the session name, allowing you to go back to that mix.

Thanks alot for the info. For my purpose, I think I'll just backup the .ardour file. I created a dead-simple script that automates this and timestamps the backups.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk