Re: how much is contained in the .ardour file

On 12/06/12 10:49 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Leigh Dyer <lsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:lsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I was hesitant to use snapshots at first because I didn't understand
    how they worked, but as the name implies, they're just a copy of
    your session made at a specific time. Snapshots don't fork your
    project, so if you load a snapshot, make some changes, and then
    save, the changes are saved to your main .ardour file -- a save will
    never update the snapshot, though you can of course make more
    snapshots if you want to save changes without overwriting your main
    .ardour file.

this isn't how it was intended to work, i think :) are you sure it does
this?

Hmm... not as sure as I was an hour ago ;) I thought that's how it was meant to work, but I haven't tested it recently. How is it supposed to work?

Thanks
Leigh