Re: Software suitable for children

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Brad Fuller wrote:

Along the same lines, while not Linux only and not only for audio but entire multimedia, you should definitely look into eToys. eToys runs in squeak, a Smalltalk-80 environment. eToys and other educational apps have been running in squeak and used in schools for many years around the world.

Here are some links:

Squeakland: http://www.squeakland.org/ - click on "What is Squeak" for a good overview

Brad, every once in awhile an application comes along that makes all the work
we do seem worthwhile. I just installed squeak on my Ubuntu machine and was
instantly having fun. This will work wonders in my work with kids. Thank!

Michael