Re: Perl

Email lists do not exist to do all the work for you.  You tend to get the
best results in situations where it is "I am trying to do such and such and
such.  This is the config I am using and this is the error I am getting.  I
searched google for an answer, but the solution I found didn't help.  any
ideas?"

People are not here to do the work.  They are here to offer advice and a
push in the right to direction to help get past sticking points.

As for saying "you're in a rush", that is probably the WORST thing you can
say on these lists.  Just about everyone on here is at work and doing their
own job. It is rude and tacky to assume your problems are so important that
you can't do initial research yourself, but we can take time out of our day
to help you because you are lazy.

As for the "afford a book excuse", it has no bearing.  When it comes to
programming, there is SO much documentation and examples online, that the
only reason to buy a book is to have an ordered hard copy reference
material.

Just keep in mind that the "intelligent and friendly people" that are on
lists, are typically at work and very busy themselves.  No one is obligated
to answer your questions and you will see the well run dry if you continue
to expect others to do your work.