Re: Where does ELKS need to go?

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Jody Lee Bruchon <jody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On April 19, 2014 2:28:44 PM EDT, Royce Williams <royce@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Generally speaking, prioritizing a
>>minimum baseline of "installability" would really help more people be
>>able to test -- by reducing the friction and startup cost of testing.
>
> You are right, and I think I can make that happen. Let me put my nose to the grindstone for a while and see if I can get together something that will make ELKS installable and bootable from a hard drive with less difficulty. That won't be a huge amount of work and will definitely close a big gap that has plagued ELKS from the start.

Fantastic!  I'm really looking forward to testing.  I hope that there
will be a 360K floppy install option. :-)

Another angle for encouraging participation (I've been a bit out of
touch with the project, so forgive the elementary questions) ... where
is the current main site?  Is it the GitHub page?  Wherever it is, I
think it shouldn't take long to get all of the other/older resources
out there to clearly point to wherever the main site is now.  Any
older docs that still have value should be replicated and unified at
that central location.

I'm not a programmer, but I could at least help to consolidate
documentation, to free up developer resources to do actual
development.  I have Mediawiki experience and can sling basic HTML.

Royce