Re: Where does ELKS need to go? (was: ELKS links broken)

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Chad <chad.page@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'll have to think about this... there *is* an answer to "Where does
> ELKS fit into the 2014 world?" but I don't have it yet.

Thinking pie-in-the-sky .... I think that using it to teach elegant OS
programming under resource constraints would be a great niche.  It's a
lost art, but one that has many "teachable moments" built in.

If the code is easy to read, and commented in a way that eases people
into the concepts, and plays nice on 8086 emulators (which ones?),
then it could serve both the retro/collector PC community and the
programming community.

Royce